Monday, July 21, 2014

Introducing Cathie

And now it's with great pleasure I introduce you to our final new Diva

Cathie


Tell us a little about yourself

I live in Adelaide South Australia with my long suffering husband of 8 years and 2 small rug racks 6 and 3. I haven't always lived here, my husband a born and bred Adelaidian convinced me to move here and I haven't looked back since.
I spend my time three days a week working as a payroll and HR administrator for a furniture company as well as trying to complete my Diploma of Human Resources. At the moment I have become completely obsessed with blog land so that is taking up every other spare chance I get.
I would really love to have 36 hours in a day and not have a need for sleeping and then I just might get everything done that I would like to do.


How long have you been a card maker/scrapper & when did you start?
I can still remember it like it was yesterday, the fateful day in 2004 when my mother - in law took me to my first Quilt and Craft fair where I saw a demonstration of stamping with pigment inks and varied embossing powders, I knew I was hooked.
 It was the first step: I started with basic Christmas cards and birthday cards incorporating pre-made sticker embellishments and computer clip art. It wasn't until I had complications after having my son in 2011 that I discovered the world of YouTube and Blog land, mainly other peoples blogs with the exchange of ideas, techniques and card designs, the options were endless. To my husband's dismay, this was when the addiction really started.

Do you follow sketches or dive right in?
I tend to do both. Sometimes I have something in mind or a particular image or stamp I want to use and I go from there. Sometimes I need some direction and sometimes I like the challenge of trying to make a sketch work but I very rarely have the card mapped out before I start (sometimes to my detriment)
How many projects do you make a week?
It varies week to week and what else I have going on, and how many birthdays I have or whether I am wrestling with something that is not working. At the moment on average I am making 2 to 3 cards a week but I do know come November to December with the amount of birthdays and christmas cards I have to make I go into crazy craft mode.

What is your favourite tool (what can't you create without) & why?
I cannot dream of creating without my fiskars paper trim, I have tried and failed many times trying to cut straight with no avail. The other thing I have to mention would be my cuttlebug, 
Very rarely do I not pull it out to create something on my card.

What at the moment is your most favourite thing to do on your project? 
I have to say I am little bit obsessed at the moment with finding different folds for my cards, and I must say my wink of stella glitter pen is getting a real work out.

How would you describe your style?
Varied. I love to do a lot of different things depending on the mood and my outcome. Stamping, Embossing, CAS, colouring of images with water colours and copics. I  think its safer to say what isn't part of my style, I am not really into "shabby chic" or "vintage" or a lot of distressing(distressing inks yes, distressing of paper no) and I like to embellish but I don't like my cards looking super cluttered and I naturally lean towards groupings of three.

What about your style would you change (or not) & why?
The one thing I would like to change is not necessarily part of my style but I am a perfectionist and I think sometimes I need to let go and say "Yes, that is great and they will love it" instead picking at it.

Have you been published or on a Design team - when & where?
I am currently on two other Design Teams, Perfectly Rustic Challenge Blog and I have just been excepted as part of the permanent Creative Team at Fitztown - but shhhhh that hasn't been announced yet. I am quite new to blog land only starting in April so you can image I am absolutely amazed that I have been invited at all, never considering that three design teams would.

Describe (pictures are even better) your crafting area
I am one of the lucky ones that I do have a whole room to myself - technically I have to share it with my children but they do know not to touch anything on mummy's craft table and they can't go in there without me. I have a table with a IKEA hutch system with everything arranged at my finger tips. I would love it to be neat and tidy all the time but that tends to be a hit and miss affair.

Do you have a blog? If not where can we see more of your fabulous creations?
Yes - my blog is the House of Borowski. I don't have as many creations as others as I have just started but I am working on it.





Thanks to Cathie for such a sweet card.  Don't you just love those button flowers. 

Dawn and the Divas

1 comment:

Katia said...

welcome!!! is a great card!