Monday, October 28, 2013

One of a Kind!

Creative Play is our sponsor, so hop on over and visit them.

I was checking out Pinterest and came across a tissue box cover, not just an ordinary tissue box cover, but a GORGEOUS tissue box cover here.  I followed the link to this website, called Paper Cookies.  Delightful name, eh?.  She's done a tutorial that is so easy to follow and so easy to do, that you will want to make one too. You can also see the written tutorial at Split Coast Stampers here.  You really do need to visit Diane Zechman's blog.

An Autumn take on Diane's tissue box cover.  (Talking about Autumn, there's still time to enter the October Autumn or Animal challenge.  See our sidebar)

This is the top and I forgot to emboss it, oh well, only I will know... well, you too, and I know you won't tell.

Undecorated side, which looks pretty darn good.  The top strip is embossed with a similar design as the cardstock.

I decorated two of the sides and cut out the Hero Arts butterflies & bird from Antique Engravings (CL383), still one of my favorite stamp sets, ever. 

I am very pleased with my tissue box cover.  Two sides are left clean.

The color of the box in this photo is not the true color of the box.  The previous photos show the true colors.  I wanted to get a better photo of the box so you could see exactly how pretty it is.
I hope you enjoyed this and try one too. 

No comments: