Sunday, February 3, 2013

My Favorite Die of the Month

Good Day Readers!

This week I will be sharing projects using my favorite die of the month.

I find myself always reaching for Tim Holtz's Tattered Florals bigz die.
It is unbelievably versatile, whether you use one of the four separately or layer them all together,
there is so much you can do with this.
 I like to cut them out with white cardstock and then use my distress inks and sometimes some stamps to decorate them, I have even run them through an embossing folder and then layered them.
 
 
Here is my card for the day using the largest of the four flowers.
 
I'm not a fan of the classic colors for valentines, I like to incorporate browns into mine,
so this card is a simple version using brown, red, and white, more specifically fired brick and vintage photo distress inks on white cardstock.
 
I cut an 8 1/2 by 11 piece of white cardstock, lengthwise at 5 inches making it slightly smaller  then your normal card and folded it in half.  Then I inked my background stamp with vintage photo and applied it to the front of my card and set it aside.
Next  I ran my flower die through the machine, and stamped my image onto it and distressed it with fired brick, I then pressed it on my versamark inkpad and poured some sparkly clear embossing power over it  and heat set it.
 I then punched a heart out of some scraps and colored it with my vintage photo marker.
With another scrap I cut it 3/4 in thick and 4 1/2 long and distressed also with vintage photo  then inked my border stamp with fired brick across it. Finally I assembled all my pieces and adhered them together on my card base.
 
Material list
Tattered Florals Bigz die
Solar neenah white cardstock
Hero Arts S4878 old letter writing, and S5435 graph background
Hero Arts and Studio Calico, Calico borders 331074
Heart Punch
Vintage photo and fired brick distress ink and vintage photo marker.
Embossing Antiques (by Ranger) Frosted Crystal embossing powder.
 
 
I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I did sharing! I'll be back Wednesday with another card using my favorite die of the month to inspire you.
 
Thank you!
Hannah and the Die Cut Diva's Design Team.
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

Dawn T said...

This is one of my favourite dies as well Hannah. Great card,

Arlene said...

I don't have that die. Is it compatible with the Cuttlebug?

Unknown said...

I wish I knew Arlene, I've never used a cuttlebug so I'm not sure what you are able to use in it. The die is about an inch thick, would that fit through your machine?

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

gorgeous card you made!